Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in Healthy Cooking Magazine September 2009. Its simple and its healthy. I love it!
- 354.88 ml uncooked wheat penne pasta
- 340.19 g lean ground beef
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 411.06 g can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 29.58 ml dill pickle relish
- 29.58 ml prepared mustard
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 4.92 ml steak seasoning
- 1.23 ml seasoning salt
- 177.44 ml shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add meat to mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning, and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
I used half an onion because I found that 2 tbs was not enough. I made this dish for DS' lunch at school. He liked this recipe. It really smell cheeseburger. I used just a bit less of montreal steak spices. He told me he found pepper. I told him it was Montreal steak. And I asked him if it was ok and he said yes. Thanks babycakesbaker :) Made for Cookbook tag game
We really enjoyed this and it couldn't be easier. I omitted the relish out of preference, otherwise followed the recipe. I did not drain the tomatoes.
This is definitely a keeper. I made this recipe just as it was written. I will be adding it to my regular rotation. Thank you.