I found this in Healthy Cooking Magazine September 2009. Its simple and its healthy. I love it!
Make and share this Family Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked wheat penne pasta
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add meat to mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning, and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.