1/1 Photo of Family Favorite Beef Goulash (No Tomato)
This is what my French Canadian Mom used to call Goulash, no tomato, just lots of beef & veggies in a beef gravy base. My Mom always served it with elbow macaroni, but I like to use egg noodles. Its a simple recipe, but everyone I've ever made this for just loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g egg noodles, the best brand you can buy
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large stalk celery, chopped (including leaves)
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g lean ground beef (the leaner the better)
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh oregano, minced
- 453.59 g frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 14.79 ml mild paprika
- 9.85 ml garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 297.66 g jar fat-free beef gravy
- 1In large pot, cook egg noodles in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and set noodles aside.
- 2In the empty pot, heat olive oil and saute onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and celery until onion is translucent.
- 3Add ground beef, parsley, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt, & pepper. Cook until meat is almost done (don't drain), then add peas & carrots and beef gravy.
- 4Cook until beef is done, then taste and adjust seasonings according to your preference.
- 5Toss cooked egg noodles in and coat well.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Beef Goulash (No Tomato)
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 322.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 27.3 g