Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Like apple pie for breakfast, only much easier.
Make and share this Family Favorite Apple Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 9" pie plate in preheated 400° oven.
- Swirl butter to evenly coat bottom of pie plate and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, milk, eggs and salt and pour into pie plate.
- Spread apple mixture over batter and bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
This is great, my daughter who is 4 wanted THIRDS. Do yourself a favor and triple this recipe, its so good!!! A keeper in our house for sure! I used a tad less than 1/2 c of brown sugar and it was because mine was getting hard. I think it is PERFECT that way. Not too sweet! Oh and if you are a bread pudding lover, you will love this too! Not so much a "pancake" taste but more of a custard type taste. THANKS SO MUCH!!!
I just put this on my favorites list. It's so easy to put together and the result is picture perfect with great flavor. Warning: It does lose its puff so make sure they're at the table when you serve it. (My guys are rarely on time at the table!)<br/><br/>Today I tried this with blueberries and some white chocolate chips because my DH likes them. I used less butter in the topping and it was equally as good as the apple. I am going to keep trying more combos. Thanks for the great recipe.