Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe has been in my family for years. Not really sure where it originated, but it is really good. However you do need to own a Pizzelle maker to make these.
- 6 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons anise flavoring
- Beat eggs.
- Beat in melted butter and anise or whatever extract you choose.
- Beat in sugar.
- Sift together and add flour and baking powder.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Spoon onto griddle and bake for 25 seconds each.
- Store in paper bag or box, not sealed Tupperware!