Recipe by Jen T
This is our family's favourite chocolate cake. It is a moist cake that keeps well. Ice/frost with your favourite chocolate icing or frosting.
Top Review by Sackville
This cake is what Jenny served to us when we first arrived for a visit and we gobbled it up (as hungry cyclists tend to do). It is really moist, a really good basic chocolate cake.
- 113.39 g butter
- 29.58 ml golden syrup
- 354.88 ml milk
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml flour (large)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml cocoa
- 473.18 ml sugar (small)
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and golden syrup together.
- Warm milk and dissolve the baking soda in it.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa into large bowl of mixer.
- Stir through the sugar.
- Add eggs, butter mixture and milk mixture.
- Beat on medium speed until combined.
- Lastly add vinegar and beat well for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 9" tin which has been greased and bottom lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until cake springs back after touching with finger.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a rack to cool completely.
- Ice/frost with your favourite chocolate icing/frosting.