1/2 Photos of Family Chocolate Cake
Jen T's Note:
This is our family's favourite chocolate cake. It is a moist cake that keeps well. Ice/frost with your favourite chocolate icing or frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and golden syrup together.
- 2Warm milk and dissolve the baking soda in it.
- 3Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa into large bowl of mixer.
- 4Stir through the sugar.
- 5Add eggs, butter mixture and milk mixture.
- 6Beat on medium speed until combined.
- 7Lastly add vinegar and beat well for 2 minutes.
- 8Pour into a 9" tin which has been greased and bottom lined with baking paper.
- 9Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until cake springs back after touching with finger.
- 10Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a rack to cool completely.
- 11Ice/frost with your favourite chocolate icing/frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3826.9
- Calories from Fat 1069
- Total Fat 118.8 g
- Saturated Fat 70.0 g
- Cholesterol 718.0 mg
- Sodium 2990.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 650.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 412.9 g
- Protein 53.3 g