Recipe by Anita Harris
What can I say? Anything with cream cheese in it is going to be so good and this is no exception. It is a little time-consuming but worth the time it takes to make it. You won't be disappointed in the results! (Prep time is estimated and cook time includes rising time). This recipe is from Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm milk (110-115 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk; add sugar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cut butter into flour and salt until crumbly.
- Add yolks and yeast mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Divide dough into two parts.
- Roll each piece to fit a 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Place one piece of dough into ungreased pan.
- For Filling: Beat egg yolk, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over dough and cover with remaining dough.
- Press lightly to seal edges around pan.
- Lightly beat egg white; brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares.