Recipe by Sage
Carrot cake is comfort food at our house. This is also perfect divided between a 9in springform pan a regular 8 in round cake pan. Try grated zucchini as a substitute for carrots.
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour 9”x13” inch pan.
- In large bowl beat eggs, oil, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, stir flour baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Incorporate dry ingredients to creamy mixture.
- Add carrots, mix and fold in pecans.
- Pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes until tester inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Let cool. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- In medium size bowl, mix butter and cream cheese till smooth.
- Add almond extract. Gradually add icing sugar and beat till mixture is homogeneous.
- Spread over cooled cake; decorate with pecan halves.
- Tip; Use your food processor to grate the carrots.