Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Great with baked beans and a fresh vegetable salad.
- 5 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's red pepper seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder with parsley
- In large resealable plastic food storage bag, combine all ingredients except chicken; mix well.
- Remove 1/2 cup marinade for basting.
- Add chicken; seal bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken; discard used marinade.
- To partially cook chicken, place in 13X9-inch baking dish.
- Bake in 350°F oven 45 minutes.
- Then, grill or broil chicken 15 to 25 minutes depending on size of piece, turning once and basting often with additional 1/2 cup marinade.
- Chicken is done when no longer pink in center and juices run clear when cut.
- Do not baste during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Discard any remaining marinade.