2 hrs 35 mins
Kay Demonbren's Note:
From the Miss Daisy Celebrates Tennessee cookbook. A nice hearty, earthy "autumn" bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 packages active dry yeast (4 1/2 tsp)
- 1 2/3 cups warm skim milk (105 to 115 degrees)
- 3 1/3 cups bread flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked pumpkin (canned is fine)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- cooking spray
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm milk in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Add 2 2/3 cups bread flour and next 7 ingredients, stirring until a soft dough forms.
- 3Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 15 minutes).
- 4Add enough of remaining bread flour to prevent dough from sticking to your hands.
- 5Place in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat other side.
- 6Cover and let rise in a warm place, 1 hour or until doubled.
- 7Punch dough down, and divide in half; roll one portion of dough into a 15x7-inch rectangle.
- 8Roll up dough, starting at short side, pressing to eliminate air pockets; pinch ends to seal.
- 9Place loaf, seam side down, in an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2- inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 10Repeat with remaining dough.
- 11Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts 40 minutes or until doubled.
- 12Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped.
- 13Remove bread from pans; cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Falls Mill Harvest Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1935.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 2020.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 387.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.8 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 58.2 g