This chocolate treasure with a soupy liquid center is a heavenly confection for any chocolate lover. Sitting in a pool of raspberry puree, this dazzling hot chocolate cake with confectioners sugar dusted on top is totally delicious accompanied with a dollop of clotted cream or vanilla ice cream gracing the plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make raspberry sauce: In a small saucepan, mix raspberries, sugar and lemon juice together.
- 2Boil until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Let cool.
- 4Puree half of the sauce in the blender.
- 5Then add the remaining sauce to the pureed mixture.
- 6Chill, covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 7Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 8In the top part of a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the chocolate and unsaled butter.
- 9Let cool.
- 10In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the sugar, flour and eggs.
- 11Beat with it's wire whisk for 5 minutes, or until very thick and fluffy.
- 12Fold in the cooled chocolate.
- 13Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- 14(can be done several days ahead) Pour the mixture into buttered individual ramekins (3 inches by 2 inches) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center loose.
- 15To serve, spoon a 4 inch circle of sauce onto each plate.
- 16Remove the cakes from the ramekins and place on top of raspberry sauce.
- 17Dust with confectioners sugar.
- 18If desired place a scoop of vanilla icecream next to the cake.
- 19However I prefer to accompany mine with a small dollop of clotted cream, mmmmm, heaven.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Falling Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.1
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 175.7 mg
- Sodium 53.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g