Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This chocolate treasure with a soupy liquid center is a heavenly confection for any chocolate lover. Sitting in a pool of raspberry puree, this dazzling hot chocolate cake with confectioners sugar dusted on top is totally delicious accompanied with a dollop of clotted cream or vanilla ice cream gracing the plate.
- Make raspberry sauce: In a small saucepan, mix raspberries, sugar and lemon juice together.
- Boil until the sugar dissolves.
- Let cool.
- Puree half of the sauce in the blender.
- Then add the remaining sauce to the pureed mixture.
- Chill, covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In the top part of a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the chocolate and unsaled butter.
- Let cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the sugar, flour and eggs.
- Beat with it's wire whisk for 5 minutes, or until very thick and fluffy.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate.
- Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- (can be done several days ahead) Pour the mixture into buttered individual ramekins (3 inches by 2 inches) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are firm and the center loose.
- To serve, spoon a 4 inch circle of sauce onto each plate.
- Remove the cakes from the ramekins and place on top of raspberry sauce.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- If desired place a scoop of vanilla icecream next to the cake.
- However I prefer to accompany mine with a small dollop of clotted cream, mmmmm, heaven.