1/3 Photos of Fallin' to Pieces Pot Roast With Carrots and Potatoes
5 hrs 15 mins
Yields a savory pot roast that is fork tender and literally falls to pieces. Carrots and potatoes are cooked along with the roast in a slow cooker or crock pot. Very easy and crowd-pleasing! WARNING: This recipe will make a proper lady want to eat like a man!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs beef roast (cut of your choice)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces washed peeled baby carrots
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 1/2-2 cups hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1*prep time does not include time in frig to marinate, which is optional*.
- 2In a small bowl, combine onion soup mix, garlic powder, and Accent into one uniform dry mixture.
- 3Rinse roast with water and pat dry. Rub all surfaces of the meat with the dry spice mixture.
- 4Stab the spice mixture into the beef using a penetrating meat tenderizer tool or the tines of a fork, puncturing many times over all surfaces of the meat. This step is important. Use any remaining dry spice mixture to rub over the meat again.
- 5Wrap the meat tightly in saran wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours. (optional -- you can skip this step and put it right in the slow cooker if you want, and it will still taste fantastic).
- 6Slice the onion into thin slivers. Put 1/3 of the onion slivers into the bottom of a slow cooker or crock pot.
- 7Place the seasoned beef on top of the onions, in the center of the slow cooker.
- 8Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into large chunks and put into slow cooker along with the carrots and remainder of the onion. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- 9Dissolve a beef bouillon cube in 1 1/2 to 2 cups hot water and pour over the vegetables, surrounding the meat(you want about 2 or 3 inches of water in the bottom of the slow cooker- this will make a great tasting 'au jus').
- 10Cook on medium high heat in slow cooker for first two hours, then reduce heat to low-medium for an additional three hours. 5 hours cooking time usually does the trick for me, but 6 hours is fine too!
- 11**Key: If it ain't fallin' apart, it's not ready yet! You should not even be able to slice this -- the servings are literally pulled apart with a fork straight to the plate.**.
- 12Serving suggestion: I like to do a quick mash of the potatoes with my fork after I get the potato chunks on my plate and add butter or margarine to taste, then spoon some of that good liquid from the slow cooker over the top! It's out of this world.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fallin' to Pieces Pot Roast With Carrots and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 199.6 mg
- Sodium 1295.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 70.2 g