Sue Lau's Note:
Absolutely tender and delicious! Make the BBQ sauce up to a week in advance to save time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Ribs
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup beer (or water)
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1---Preparethe Sauce---.
- 2(Sauce can be prepared up to one week ahead).
- 3Saute onion with butter in a saycepan until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 5Lower heat and simmer about 35-45 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 6---Preparethe Ribs---.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8Cut the ribs into individual pieces.
- 9Toss the ribs with the vinegar, then sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- 10Wrap the ribs tightly in foil and place on a rack in a roasting pan; fill bottom of roasting pan with water up to 1/2 inch deep.
- 11Cover roaster and place it in the preheated oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours, checking occasionally to add water at the bottom (keep 1/2-inch there as needed).
- 12Remove roaster from oven, drain water from bottom and remove rack.
- 13Unwrap ribs and place them in the bottom of the roaster.
- 14Pour sauce over the ribs (as much as you desire up to the whole amount), and toss ribs to coat with sauce.
- 15Cover the roaster, return it to the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes more, or until the ribs are tender and darkening around the edges.
- 16Remove from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fallin' Off the Bone Oven BBQ Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1875.9
- Calories from Fat 1229
- Total Fat 136.6 g
- Saturated Fat 51.1 g
- Cholesterol 540.0 mg
- Sodium 1204.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 111.5 g