Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from a GLAD magazine ad. The hubby doesn't like meatless dishes, but I'm gonna try and sneak this one by.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 oranges or 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) bagprewashed spinach
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, coarsely chopped
- .Heat 2 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add squash in batches and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side until just tender; transfer to plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in same skillet.
- Add onions, bell pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, and garlic; cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach in batches and cook, stirring just until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Combine ricotta, basil and remaining 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spoon half of the sauce on bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Layer sauce with 3 noodles; one third of ricotta mixture and squash.
- Layer twice more with 3 noodles, ricotta mixture and spinach mixture.
- Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake until sauce is bubbly and noodles are tender, about 50 minutes.