Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from the wife of a co-worker. It is absolutely delicious! It is moist and tender and is a great alternative to pumpkin pie.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (loosely packed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a standard size Bundt pan, 9 x 13-inch baking pan, or two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix, sugar, oil, pumpkin, water, cinnamon and eggs.
- Beat until well blended.
- Transfer to the baking dish or cake pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- For glaze, cook together the butter, whipping cream and brown sugar for 3 minutes, stirring.
- When slightly cooled, pour over cake.
This cake is yummy!! So very easy to make. Exactly 45 minutes to bake. The glaze is delicious! And it looks beautiful too! I am going to make this for a dinner party we are going to this weekend. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.