Recipe by Chapstick
I got this recipe from the wife of a co-worker. It is absolutely delicious! It is moist and tender and is a great alternative to pumpkin pie.
Top Review by susie cooks
This cake is yummy!! So very easy to make. Exactly 45 minutes to bake. The glaze is delicious! And it looks beautiful too! I am going to make this for a dinner party we are going to this weekend. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (loosely packed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a standard size Bundt pan, 9 x 13-inch baking pan, or two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix, sugar, oil, pumpkin, water, cinnamon and eggs.
- Beat until well blended.
- Transfer to the baking dish or cake pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- For glaze, cook together the butter, whipping cream and brown sugar for 3 minutes, stirring.
- When slightly cooled, pour over cake.