Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I got this from a Yahoo recipe sight (another mom's recipe). I like using the sliced apples, instead of applesauce. Serve with salad, bread and your choice of veggies.
Top Review by echo echo
I made a half-recipe, using an sliced but unpeeled granny smith apple and 3 sliced medium size potatoes. I used 1-1/2 T each vinegar & mustard and 2 T honey because I was using a rather sour species of apple. I absolutely loved this. Fruit-and-sausage combinations are a great favorite of mine and I like the vinegar smell and the taste of the sauce. I'd like to try it again with sweet potatoes, but today regular potatoes were what I had on hand.
- 1 lb Polish sausage or 1 lb kielbasa
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 -4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 3 -5 sliced potatoes, depending on size or 3 -5 sliced yams
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 2 large apples, sliced