Prep 7 mins
Cook 35 mins
This delicious salad is big crowd pleaser that makes a great side at your fall dinner party or a tasty lunch/dinner for one.
- 2 -3 cups mesclun
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds (or butternut squash seeds)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber
- 3 small radishes
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut butternut squash in half and sprinkle lightly with salt and brown sugar. Bake for 35 min or until soft.
- Let squash cool, then cut into bite sized chunks.
- Toss pumpkin/squash seeds in oil, salt, and pepper. Spray a baking sheet and pour seeds onto it, spreading evenly. Bake until crisp and browned.
- Put mesclun salad into a large bowl. Toss in desired amount of squash, 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, dried cranberries, chopped cucumbers and radishes, and pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with balsamic vinegar or your choice of bottled vinaigrette dressing on the side or mixed into salad.