Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sliced pear on spinach or other greens with a maple vinaegrette and topped with homemade candied pecans and shaved parmesan. I copied this recipe on a scrap of paper several years ago. I think it was from a magazine in fall of 2010 but don't remember which one. I have included the original measurements from the recipe but please note that I find 2 shallots to be too much. I use about a half shallot (or a tablespoon of finely diced onion) and sometimes saute it in a little olive oil first.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 red pears, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Melt butter over medium heat and add brown sugar and pecans. Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring often until lightly browned. Watch carefully so the nuts don't burn.
- Whisk together the shallots, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and maple syrup. Whisk in the olive oil until well blended.
- Toss spinach with dressing; top with sliced pear, candied pecans and shaved parmesan cheese.