Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
So pretty to serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas. The original recipe came from the internet.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (11 ounce) bag mixed salad greens
- Preheat oven to 375º. Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 5 minutes or until the almonds begin to brown. Watch carefully.
- In a blender or food processor, combine vinegar, oil, cranberries, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Process until smooth.
- In a salad bowl, toss the almonds, onion, blue cheese, and greens. Pour salad dressing over nad toss until well combined.
this was a really easy and tasty salad. i will definitely be making this again.
I made this salad for a Halloween get together, and everyone loved it. It was so easy to make and the taste was wonderful. To save a little time I bought a bag of roasted almonds instead of roasting them myself. I will definitely make this again.