Sweetened only with banana, these pancakes are very nutritious and definitely taste like Fall! Cinnamon and cloves are both supposed to aid in digestive health and cloves are actually supposed to warm the stomach. This recipe is a take-off of my guiltless banana pancakes. Check out the calories on this one! I got the idea to add the spices from Messy Cook in Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes (gluten Free).
- Preheat your skillet over medium to low heat.
- Mix up the dry ingredients, then add the wet and whisk vigorously for about 30 seconds (hand whisk is fine). The batter will still be a bit lumpy due to the banana, but that is okay.
- Cook on a non stick skillet make them about the diameter of a regular sized spatula. No oil or butter is needed, they actually come out more even-toned without it (though butter is yummy once and a while!).
- Flip pancakes when they begin to look slightly dry around the edges and bubble slightly (about 2-4 minutes depending on the temperature of your skillet). Then cook on the other side 1-2 minutes or until center is cooked through.
- Top with honey, non-fat yogurt, sliced banana or whatever your heart desires!