Recipe by Asheats
This is an unusual way to cook ribs, but it works to make them tender. Give it a try!!
Top Review by luvcook'n
I just love the technique for these ribs. They turned out just as the name says. I was not able to get the country style ribs here so I subbed long pieces of riblets. DH and I thoroughly enjoyed these. I will definately be making these again when I am able to get the country ribs. I served these with Broccoli Parmesan (330764) and a salad. Thank you for sharing!
- 4 lbs pork ribs, country style
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 10 ounces barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the cut garlic halves all over the ribs.
- Press the pepper, salt, and cumin into the meat.
- Drizzle the soy sauce all over the ribs.
- Let them sit the way for 1 hour.
- Cut into small pieces, 2-3 bones per piece.
- Place in a large pot and fill with water covering everything by 1 inch.
- Add the onion to the pot.
- Boil for 1 hour, skimming the fat off the top.
- take pot off the heat and cover.
- let ribs sit the water for 4-5 hours.
- Empty the water and onion.
- Preheat the oven for 350.
- Pour 1 cup of bar-b-que all over the ribs, cover.
- Cook for 40 minutes, baste with more sauce.
- continue cooking for 20 more minutes.