Cook2 hrs 30 mins
I love these! I don't even eat BBQ ribs anymore because of these, maybe one day I'll branch out but these are too good!!!!!
- spareribs (1 rack)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger, I use the jarred stir fry mix of garlic and ginger when i run out of fresh and tastes great, and hav
- First before you do anything get you a really big pot and fill it up with water. I use my big soup stockpot but whatever big pot you have that'll fit the ribs is fine. Heat on burner on medium heat. Next put a bunch of spices and herbs in there, I use garlic salt, ground pepper, thyme, rosemary, and oregano, but whatever u like is fine, this is your beef stock.
- Put ribs in spiced up water. Now let simmer for about 2-3 hours, till meat is gray and starting to pull away from the edges of the bones. Take ribs out of pot, save liquid for recipes that call for beef stock. Put ribs in 9x13 baking dish or pan, don't forget to grease it!
- Mix all ingredients listed above in a bowl. Taste, if not to your liking add a little bit of whatever you think will help it out. I usually end up putting in more honey and hoisin. Now brush some of sauce on both sides of ribs and let sit on and absorb for about 20-30 minute.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush more sauce on both sides of ribs. Bake for 15 minute Brush more sauce on. Bake 15 more minute. Sauce on ribs should be brown and crispy looking. Serve with sauce if desired and if enough leftover.