Recipe by cajun chef in Louisiana
Short ribs cooked like this are nothing short of amazing!!! One of my most favorite recipes!
- 2 lbs beef short ribs (or as many as you need)
- 3 celery ribs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon
- 4 red potatoes
- 5 carrots
- 1⁄2 head cabbage (optional)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (this is an estimation, add as much as you like, I like it hot hot hot)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil ribs in large pot of water with celery, garlic, onion and spice with whatever seasoning you like, I add salt and black and red pepper. Boil on med to med-hi heat (slow boil) when the meat is almost falling off the bone, add potatoes, carrots and cabbage and continue to cook until vegetables are tender and ribs are literally falling off the bone (depending upon how many ribs you have, it usually takes at least 2 hours).
- Mix ketchup, lemon juice (1 put 1 lemon, you don't need that much, just had to put an amount) and horseradish to taste. Dip vegetables and meat in sauce.