Recipe by ChefDLH
A delicious slow cooker finish off on the BBQ recipe that will make men ooh and aah. Simple to put together but so flavorful. The meat does literally fall off the bone. All the men licked their ribs clean and wanted more. It made even a non rib lover love it! Try it. It is a six sisters stuff recipe adapted from Domestication in Progress. We love it and hope you do too. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 (2 -3 lb) rack of ribs (I use pork loin ribs)
- 3 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice (reserving 1/4 cup for later)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (author loves Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy sauce, I love Sweet Baby Ray's regular)
- cooking spray (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (or use a slow cooker liner to make clean up a breeze!).
- Take your slab of ribs (make sure that they are defrosted) and cut into individual slabs (about 2-3 ribs each). Throw the ribs into the slow cooker.
- Mix the pineapple juice and brown sugar together and pour over the ribs. Put the lid back on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 7-8 hours or LOW for 10-12 hours.
- After they are done in the slow cooker, use tongs to gently pull them out (they will literally fall apart when you touch them). Turn the grill on medium heat. While the grill is warming up, mix together the bottle of BBQ sauce and the 1/4 cup of pineapple juice you saved from earlier.
- Place the ribs gently on the grill and and brush with BBQ sauce. Turn the ribs twice, slathering with more sauce each time (you can't have enough sauce!); they will take about 10-15 minutes to glaze over (as soon as that sauce starts to turn sticky, you know they are done!).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!