Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
These are SOOOO good; fall of the bone tender and a spicy sweet homemade BBQ sauce. The low temperature cooking aspect is easily changed based on how long you have (I've baked for 5 hours before at a lower temp) but this is the basic cooking time/temp required. If you extend the cooking time, just drop the temperature a bit. I have to admit that I never measure the maple syrup, I just pour over until coated.
- 3 lbs pork baby back ribs
- seasoning salt (or rib rub)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 425°F Rub seasoning salt onto ribs. Place ribs in a large roasting or baking pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until meat is browned.
- Reduce the oven to 300°F Pour maple syrup over the ribs.
- Place a large piece of aluminum foil over pan, tenting in the center and sealing the edges tightly. Bake 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile (for the BBQ sauce), combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, chili powder and garlic with 2 tbs water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour BBQ sauce over ribs and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes longer. Baste occasionally.
It's true...It's true...they are falling off the bone good...I cut the recipe in half...I did cover my pan with foil...but the good juices still ran between the creaks...and made a nice sticky mess...but the ribs came out so delicious...for my rub I used Papa D's Seasoning Rub for Ribs that I keep on hand...I almost forgot the water because it's not listed in the ingredients...just keep aware of that...served with a nice coleslaw Simple Pecan-Cranberry Coleslaw and baked beans for a wonderful meal...thanks for posting the recipe...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)
Wow! I can't understand why this recipe has so few reviews! Wonderful spicy, sticky ribs. An easy recipe that doesn't need marinating time. I baked a rack between two of us and we were both left wanting more! This is definitely going onto my summer favourites :) Thank you!
I wasn't impressed with these at all. They were tender, but NOT "fall off the bone" & I didn't care for the sweetness from the maple syrup. Doubt if I'll make these again...sorry.