Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This delicious spice cake is a must make this fall season as the weather begins to grow cooler. Oh and did I mention it is low fat as well. Everyone I have made this for or have given the recipe to gives this cake a huge round of applause.
For the Cake
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) canned pumpkin
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
For the Cream Cheese frosting
- 6 ounces ww vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fat free sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Free
- For the cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Place in a 9 x 13 pan coated with nonstick spray. Bake for 35 minutes or until tests done. Cool in pan.
- For the Frosting:.
- Combine yogurt and dry pudding mix until thoroughly combined. Fold Cool Whip free into the yogurt mixture. Ice cooled cake with frosting.
- Store cake in the fridge. When ready to serve let cake sit on the counter for 10 minutes.
This cake was really easy to put together. I made it just before Thanksgiving and the store was out of pumpkin pie filling, so I used a can of just pumpkin and added pumpkin pie spice and 2/3 c. Splenda to round it out. I cooked it in a Bundt pan for approx 43 minutes. It was nice an moist. Will make it again because it was a good snacking cake.