1/1 Photo of Fall Harvest Smoothie
This recipe tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass! You will never know it is packed with veggies and fruits and "good for you stuff". Top with a little fat free whip cream for an extra-special desert. My teen-age daughter begs for this and sometimes we even heat it up for a thick soup. The key to this recipe is to make sure you use a blender/smoothie maker that has enough power to completely puree alll the ingredients; otherwise the squash will stay stringy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 acorn squash (steamed, seeded, cooled and peeled)
- 2/3 cup pumpkin (unsweetened)
- 1 golden delicious apple, unpeeled and cored
- 2 raw carrots, chopped (do not peel)
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup apple juice (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (or your own combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1Chop up steamed squash into cubes
- 2(To steam the squash quickly, cut the acorn squash in half. Remove seeds. Place in a microwave safe bowl upside down -so the inside of the squash is facing DOWN. Add about 1 inch of water to dish. Microwave on high for 12-15 minutes until skin peels right off the squash and it is soft to touch).
- 3Add squash, carrot chunks, apple juice and apple to blender/smoothie maker. Completely puree to a smooth creamy texture.
- 4Add pumpkin, yogurt, spices, honey and brown sugar to mixture. Blend until smooth.
- 5Serve with a little whipped topping chilled in a glass, or serve hot as a "pumpkin soup".
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fall Harvest Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 69.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g