Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are the perfect treats for your children's Halloween/Fall parties. Inexpensive, and easy enough that the kids can help. They are also very yummy.
- 10 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups candy corn
- 20 marshmallow cream pumpkin decorative candies
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 9 cups miniature marshmallows
- yellow food coloring
- red food coloring
- In large bowl, mix cereal with candy corn.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Add one drop yellow food coloring and one drop red food coloring to marshmallow mixture to create orange color.
- Stir until thoroughly blended, adding more coloring to achieve desired shade of orange.
- Add marshmallow mixture to cereal mixture and stir quickly to combine and coat.
- Spread in buttered rectangular pan or dish and press evenly.
- While still warm press pumpkin candies into top of the treats.
- Refrigerate and cut into squares when cooled.
- Recipe may be doubled.
I had never made Rice Krispie Treats before, and this was a very pleasing result for a first time experience. I served mine in a smaller than 9x13 dish (not sure of the exact measurements), and they were very thick. I also arranged the pumpkins in rows of four (one on each treat), making it look like a little pumpkin patch. It was adorable.
These were great. I had to sub orange marshmallow peanut candies for the pumpkins as they only come out around Halloweentime. Otherwise I followed the directions exactly.