These are the perfect treats for your children's Halloween/Fall parties. Inexpensive, and easy enough that the kids can help. They are also very yummy.
- In large bowl, mix cereal with candy corn.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Add one drop yellow food coloring and one drop red food coloring to marshmallow mixture to create orange color.
- Stir until thoroughly blended, adding more coloring to achieve desired shade of orange.
- Add marshmallow mixture to cereal mixture and stir quickly to combine and coat.
- Spread in buttered rectangular pan or dish and press evenly.
- While still warm press pumpkin candies into top of the treats.
- Refrigerate and cut into squares when cooled.
- Recipe may be doubled.