Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall.
Top Review by zeluna28
This cake baked up beautifully! A nice rise, lovely flavor and so easy to make. The only thing I deviated was I added clove, allspice and cardamon, and mixed the spices with the sugar before proceeding with the remainder of the recipe. No icing needed, just used powdered sugar. This was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Thank you for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 apple, cored, peeled, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- To make frosting: blend vanilla, butter, and cream cheese together; incorporate enough powdered sugar until desired spreading consistency is reached.
- To make cake: In a large bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients together; add flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Blend in pumpkin; fold in apple and pecans.
- Transfer batter to a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 70 minutes.
- Cool 20 minutes in the pan; remove and complete cooling on wire rack.
- Frost when cool.