1/1 Photo of Fall Harvest Butternut Squash/Pumpkin Bars-No Fat, Sugar-Free
Wicked Creations's Note:
This is adaption that I came up with from Lower Fat Pumpkin Bars that is no fat and sugar free for dietary reasons. It is chock full of flavor, moist and very healthy!! You can also add to it to suit you. It is lower also in calories!! My six year old even loves it and have requested it already!! I have added to the baseline of this recipe and she did not even know she was eating Squash nor how healthy it was-she thought it was the real deal!! In my version, vanilla extract was added and pumpkin pie spice. For a real kick, I added two handfuls of coconut, 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts, coconut extract and Da'Vinci Sugar Free Caramel Syrup with Fat Free Cream Cheese frosting with Sugar Free Caramel Syrup!! You can also use any Squash or Pumpkin..be creative..but if you add more ingredients, remember it adds more calories!! Prep time not included for pureed squash although you can use baby food squash-its the something but fresher is better! Enjoy-we do..very delish and Yummy too! Update: If you are going to use just Squash, because of higher water content, OMIT the APPLESAUCE and INCREASE FLOUR TO 3 Cups.. I found this out the hard way. Also, don't use metal pan if you can help it..don't worry squash does turn color the next day. Must be refrigerated as well after you are done with it..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml egg white (6 egg whites)
- 946.36 ml sugar substitute (I use Altern)
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 473.18 ml squash (cooked and pureed or use canned pumpkin)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml white whole wheat flour (I used Bob Mills)
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease or spray baking non-stick spray 15x10x1 pan and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk or mix with electric mixer on low sugar, applesauce, egg whites, squash and extract until throughly blended.
- 5Add a at a time flour mixture to the squash mixture until fully blended with whisk or low on electric mixture until it is cake batter.
- 6Pour and spread into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven or until knife comes out clean from center.
- 7Cool and cut into squares or add your favorite icing when cake is cooled and serve immediately!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fall Harvest Butternut Squash/Pumpkin Bars-No Fat, Sugar-Free
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 199.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g