Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I haven't made this yet, but am putting it here for future use. This recipe does not use added pectin since there should be enough natural pectin in the fruit. It seems fairly easy for a jam recipe. NOTE: Prep time does not include the time it takes to prepare jars. When I make jam, I usually stir in a pat of butter to cut down on the foam. I also keep a package of pectin (Certo) on hand if for some reason my mixture doesn't jel. I add this 1/4 of the package at a time & boil for 1 minute more, repeating if necessary. I also keep extra jars, lids and rings on hand. I've learned to "be prepared" for any "emergency"!
- Combine fruits in a a large pan & cook over "low" heat until soft. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice & sugar, making sure sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil & continue to boil, stiring frequently, for about 15 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and reaches the jel stage (coats a spoon).
- Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars. Seal and cool.