Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I put this together after picking some raspberries and apples at a local orchard. I love the contrast between the crunch of the apples, the soft ripe berries and the creamy mascarpone. This will work with whatever is in season. You could use pears, peaches or nectarines in place of the apples and any fresh berry in place of the raspberries. This will work fine with only half as much of the cheese mixture if you want a lower-calorie version.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 2 apples, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 pint raspberries (1/2 pint each of red and golden raspberries)
- Whisk together the mascarpone cheese, maple syrup, cider and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the cheese mixture over the berries and apple chunks.