Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The leaves are starting to turn so it's time to switch to cozy comfort foods. This is quick and easy and your house will smell wonderful while it's baking!
- 1 (18 ounce) spice cake mix
- 1 (42 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour apple pie filling into a 9x13" baking dish.
- Mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sugar. Sprinkle mixture over pie filling.
- Pour dry cake mix over apples.
- Dot with butter and scatter nuts on top.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes until browned on top and bubbling on the sides.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.
This was very good. Made to take to a New Year's Eve pot luck with church friends. Easy to make and great flavors. Perfect dump cake for the colder weather. Thanks for posting ElaineAnn - made for your FOOTBALL POOL WIN, December 2010!
Made this for an after church fellowship. Can't tell you the last time I used a box cake mix. But everything came together very nicely with this recipe. In fact, everyone enjoyed it and there was no leftovers. Oh, and I used walnuts instead of pecans cause thats what I had in the pantry! Made for week 3, 2010 football pool.
My 8-year old dd made this with some help last night...very good. Didn't to searve it with ice cream or topping...good just the way it is. DD is so proud of herself!