2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Another great recipe from Wilson Farms in Lexington MA. (This place is like Disneyland for foodies -- it's paradise!) This is really delicious, and great for fall cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g carrots, peeled and chopped roughly
- 226.79 g kohlrabi, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 sweet potato (medium, peeled and chopped roughly)
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 4 sprig fresh thyme, tied together with twine
- 177.44 ml apple cider
- 1419.0 ml chicken stock (reserve one cup)
- 226.79 g sausage (use sweet apple chicken sausage cut into small cubes)
- 1 bunch collard greens (or kale, or a mixture of both, thinly sliced and with stems discarded ( small bunches)
- 29.58 ml olive oil, divided
- 1Heat 1 tablespoons of olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add carrots and cook for five minutes.
- 3Add kohlrabi and sweet potatoes, and cook for another ten minutes, stirring often.
- 4Add onions, whole garlic cloves, and thyme bundle. Cook another 5-8 minutes.
- 5Add one cup of cider and most of stock (reserving the one cup listed above). Stock should just cover vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender (about 30 minutes).
- 7While soup is simmer, add 1 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet. Add sausage and diced onions, and lightly saute for about five minutes (until sausage is browned).
- 8Add minced garlic and cook for another ten minutes.
- 9Add to skillet greens, cider, stock, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer until greens are tender (10-15 minutes).
- 10When carrots are tender, remove soup pot from heat. Discard the thyme bundle, puree the soup, and add salt and pepper to taste (if necessary.).
- 11Evenly apportion sausage/greens mixture into serving bowls; add enough soup to cover. Serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fall Carrot Soup With Apple Chicken Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 604.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: