Recipe by BrotherAdso
As it gets colder here in VA and the rain begins, I like this before I set off in the mornings. Really sticks with you, and a great way to get a serving of veggies in the morning! For a speedier version, omit the flavorings.
Top Review by bmnchef
This was pretty good. Mine turned out a little watery, so I would add less liquid next time. I did add a pinch of brown sugar, and mixed sweet spice (instead of cinnamon/nutmeg), and 1% milk. Definitely will make again!
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk lite
- 1 teaspoon artificial vanilla flavoring
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- maple syrup (I don't find they're needed) (optional) or brown sugar (I don't find they're needed) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rolled oats and water, nuke while you start the morning coffee and clean out the dishes.
- When oats are done, stir in the pumpkin puree and soymilk.
- Add vanilla, dash your favorite flavorings on there, and munch while checking email for the morning.
- Double, triple, or quadruple this recipe as you see fit.