Cook1 hr 30 mins
Even though the recipe says you can use non alcoholic beer I think that real beer has a better flavor. Remember when you cook that the heat dissipates the alcohol.
- Place the sausages in a large pan and add 2 cups water.
- Simmer without piercing the sausage until the water is evaporated and the sausages are browned.
- Add the onions and apples - cook till soft.
- Add carrots, cabbage, caraway and the beer.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the cabbage is tender.
- Serve with rolls or bread.