Recipe by DarkLove
Even though the recipe says you can use non alcoholic beer I think that real beer has a better flavor. Remember when you cook that the heat dissipates the alcohol.
Top Review by sherrypg
These were the best Brats we have ever eaten. I used the new Miller Chill beer for a little something different. We didn't like the caraway seeds and probably won't be using them the next time we make it.
- 6 bratwursts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled chopped apple
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 small cabbage, sliced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (non-alcoholic will work)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sausages in a large pan and add 2 cups water.
- Simmer without piercing the sausage until the water is evaporated and the sausages are browned.
- Add the onions and apples - cook till soft.
- Add carrots, cabbage, caraway and the beer.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the cabbage is tender.
- Serve with rolls or bread.