Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the best crisp I've ever had and it has become a Fall staple in my household and is THE BEST with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! You can try raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or strawberries too...whatever's fresh and available to you. My favorite combination has always been 5 cups fresh raspberries mixed with 5 cups fresh chopped strawberries, sweet and slightly tart.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 10 cups berries, rinsed and drained
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Blend in butter with a pastry cutter or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Place the berries in one large buttered casserole dish or two smaller buttered baking dishes and generously sprinkle with the crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!