Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Herbed Turkey Meatballs with Cranberry-Horseradish Glaze. I made these for a Fall party. These are easy to make ahead for company and then heat n serve
- Crush stuffing mix in a blender or by other means to make bread crumbs.
- Combine and mix: turkey, eggs, sage, and breadcrumbs.
- Using a tablespoon, divide mix and form balls, placing on a baking sheet. You will need two sheets (or bake in two batches).
- Bake at 350 for approx 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine and mix the cranberry sauce, OJ, and horseradish. Add more or less horseradish based on your tastes. I found 4 Tbsp to be perfect- detectable but not hot. That may vary depending on the brand you buy.
- When the meatballs are done cooking, you can either top them with the sauce and serve; or cool the meatballs and sauce seperately. I kept mine in the fridge overnight. 15 minutes before serving, I microwaved the sauce for 1 minute to make it more fluid. I poured the sauce over the balls, tossed to coat, and warmed them in the oven for 10 minutes. You can also warm and keep them in a crock pot.
I love cranberry everything, and these fit the bill. So easy, but extremely tasty. I used cooked rice and a home made spice mix instead of ready made stuffing mix, which was just fine. 4 tbsp horseradish worked well for us, too, it should not kill the other flavors. Will definitely make these again! Thanks for posting. Made for PAC fall 2009
I was looking all over for this. This is a great receipt! Great for partys, much better then the plan old meat balls in mushroom gravy.