Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is different from the other "Fall Apple Dip" posted as my recipe uses yogurt. It is so good, creamy, and pretty healthy, too!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (can use light version if desired)
- 8 ounces plain yogurt (can use light varieties, if desired. If you use vanilla yogurt, adjust vanilla, below, as required)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, crushed (optional)
- apples (Granny Smith is best) or other fruit, cut for serving
- Combine cream cheese, yogurt, brown sugar, vanilla, and (if used) peanuts.
- Beat rapidly with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. The consistency will be almost like frosting.
- Serve with sliced Granny Smith apples or other fruits; I have not found any fruit that this doesn't pair well with.
Good and sweet. Hopefully will be enticing enough for the boys at cub scouts.
This dip is amazingly delicious while still being quite healthy! YUM! :) We enjoyed this great treat for breakkie today and loved it! My only change was to use cashew nuts in place of the peanuts as thats what I had on hand and as my apple was very sweet I cut back on the sugar a tad. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us!
Made and reviewed for the 10 day photographic challenge in the photo forum January 2011.