Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Yesterday, I went on a freezer cleaning spree to make room for the turkey. I found a very VERY small roast and a package of stew beef that, together, would make a nice-sized meal. So I cubed the roast so it would cook faster and a few veggies and this is the result.
- Place the meat in the crock pot and set to low. Mix the seasoning packet, creole seasoning, and enough water to cover the meat and pour inches Cover and cook the meat 3 hours.
- After 3 hrs., add the carrots, potatoes, onion, and more water, about 1/2-1 cup and stir. Place the lid back on and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Place the mushrooms in the crock pot after cooking the potatoes. Do NOT stir (this steams the mushrooms). Cook until mushrooms are desired level of done.
- Remove all meat and vegetables to a large bowl. Pour all the liquid into a large pot; add the water and bouillon cube.
- Using your favorite thickening method, make a gravy from the liquid. Pour back into the crock pot and add the meat and veggies back inches.
- Keep on low until ready to serve. I serve with bread for dipping into the gravy.
Cooking time is off I cooked on low for over 6.5 hours and still not done got yelled at by the wife
I didnt plan well today and didnt have enough time to make this in my crock pot. Reduced the servings down to 4 and browned 1 pound of stew meat with the pot roast seasoning, creole seasoning, minced onion and garlic. Added the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and 2 beef bouillon cubes than covered everything with water. The broth needed a little something for our taste so I added some black pepper, lemon pepper, and celery seed. This simmered until the meat and vege's were tender. I had a bit more broth than I would have liked so I mixed together some corn starch and water to thicken. Wonderful flavor, the meat was fork tender, and there was not one bowl left when we finished dinner. Definitely will make this again!
A very nice, solid recipe. It's everything I love about slow cooker recipes, easy, nicely balanced, and very very flavorful. I couldn't find the McCormick bag n season, so I used a garlic and onion blend. It turned out very nice.