Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The title of the recipe says it all. I've made this many times for both friends and family and everyone that's tasted it has loved it. You need to use 1" or thicker boneless loin chops. I sometimes double the sauce because its so delicious. I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but its from my favorite cookbook, that will remain nameless since my dog ate the cover and I can't remember the title.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat add chops and brown all over.
- Arrange chops in a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Add mushrooms to drippings in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat without stirring for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir to moisten.
- Pour in wine and bring to a boil.
- Add cream and chicken broth, simmer, stirring, to thicken.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover tightly with a double layer of foil.
- Bake at 350 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until pork chops are fork tender.
My son and I have Birthdays a day apart so this time I made your recipe to celebrate the occasion and I'm so glad I did. It was way over the top with none left over because we made little pigs of ourselves. What a wonderful way to fix pork chops! Thank you soooo much for sharing.
My husband not only hates pork chops, but mushrooms too. He really liked this...thanks, Madriley, for making my life just a little bit easier. This was a snap to put together, and tastes very good. I can see where it would be a good company dish because after the initial preparation, there's nothing more to do! Who doesn't love that? Made as is, and it's perfect.
I LOVED this recipe! My whole family did, actually, even the kids! My fiance loves pork chops, but growing up in the south, he usually only wants them fried and I can't stand them that way, so I was so happy to finally find a recipe for pork chops that we both can enjoy! The sauce is awesome, and I didn't have an issue with not having enough but I usually put extra everything in my recipes anyway. Thanks!