Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This roll originated in Laos, and means Foreigner Roll. I found the recipe in an issue of Saveur magazine.
- 3 cups thai sticky rice
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter, softened
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- honey, for dipping
- Cook or steam rice.
- Cover a bamboo sushi-rolling mat tightly with plastic wrap.
- Moisten your fingertips with water and gently spread out on quarter of the rice onto the mat into a 4"x7" rectangle.
- Spread 3 tbsp peanut butter evenly over rice, then place 3 pieces of banana along the side closest to you.
- Using the mat to help you, roll the rice over and around the bananas to form a tight sushi roll, pressing down firmly to seal the roll.
- Sprinkle roll with some sesame seeds and cut crosswise into 6 equal pieces.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
- Use the honey for dipping.
Kid friendly! Microwave the peanut butter just a little to soften to make it nice and easy to spread. This was an easy recipe and we all ate it up. Thanks!