Recipe by katie in the UP
This recipe was found in a cookbook compiled by Home EC teachers. This one came from Dana Hills High School, Dana Point, Calif. Posted for 2005 Zaar World Tour. Listed under Middle East recipes!
Top Review by mandabears
this was excellent. i made it exactly as posted except i did not use the ground ginger. the sauce was wonderful and i served it with pita and hummus!!! wonderful dinner easy and different
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package falafel mix
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 6 ounces garbanzo beans, drained (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with a fork. Add water and tomato sauce and continue beating. Stir in falafel mix; let stand 5 minutes. Add ground turkey, garlic and ginger; mix thoroughly. Spread evenly into a loaf pan (or bundt pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Sauce: In a blender, blend cucumber, dill, garbanzo beans and sour cream until smooth.
- Refrigerate sauce until ready to use.
- I personally would prefer this sauce 'chunky'.
- If you make in a bundt pan -- you can plate it and pour sauce in the middle!