Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was found in a cookbook compiled by Home EC teachers. This one came from Dana Hills High School, Dana Point, Calif. Posted for 2005 Zaar World Tour. Listed under Middle East recipes!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package falafel mix
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 6 ounces garbanzo beans, drained (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- Beat eggs with a fork. Add water and tomato sauce and continue beating. Stir in falafel mix; let stand 5 minutes. Add ground turkey, garlic and ginger; mix thoroughly. Spread evenly into a loaf pan (or bundt pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Sauce: In a blender, blend cucumber, dill, garbanzo beans and sour cream until smooth.
- Refrigerate sauce until ready to use.
- I personally would prefer this sauce 'chunky'.
- If you make in a bundt pan -- you can plate it and pour sauce in the middle!
this was excellent. i made it exactly as posted except i did not use the ground ginger. the sauce was wonderful and i served it with pita and hummus!!! wonderful dinner easy and different