This is a great breakfast dish, and is very delicious to make for suhr during Ramadan!! Enjoy :)
Make and share this Falafel (Middle East, Palestine) recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the chick peas overnight. Drain.
- Combine beans, onions, garlic, parsley, and hot pepper. Grind twice (Suggested is an electric meat grinder). Add salt, pepper, cumin, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- When ready to fry the falafel, add baking soda. Shape into patties 1 1/2 inch diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- Fry in deep hot oil until light brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with tomato slices in arabic bread (or pita bread) in the form of a sandwhich. If desired, you can add to the sandwhich tahnia sauce and slices of onions.
- *The falafel batter can be frozen. Thaw and add baking soda just before frying.