This is a great breakfast dish, and is very delicious to make for suhr during Ramadan!! Enjoy :)
Make and share this Falafel (Middle East, Palestine) recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the chick peas overnight. Drain.
- Combine beans, onions, garlic, parsley, and hot pepper. Grind twice (Suggested is an electric meat grinder). Add salt, pepper, cumin, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- When ready to fry the falafel, add baking soda. Shape into patties 1 1/2 inch diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- Fry in deep hot oil until light brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with tomato slices in arabic bread (or pita bread) in the form of a sandwhich. If desired, you can add to the sandwhich tahnia sauce and slices of onions.
- *The falafel batter can be frozen. Thaw and add baking soda just before frying.
I give up on these until I get a meat grinder! I suggest to NOT attempt to make these with dried garbanzo beans in a food processor as it just was not able to grind them small enough so they fell apart while deep frying. The other time I tried them they completely became mush after frying for a couple minutes but since it seems lemon juice was removed from the recipe. The only reason I could think of could have been the lemon or the onion's juice. Using drained canned chickpeas like another reviewer. Both times the flavour was good but I will not try these again until the proper appliance is purchased. Made for Ramadan Tag.
So Delicious! Hubby and Son gobbled these up with Tahina. I used canned chickpeas. Thanks for a fast falafel. Made for Ramadan Tag 09.