1/1 Photo of Falafel (Middle East, Palestine)
8 hrs 10 mins
Pali's Favorites's Note:
This is a great breakfast dish, and is very delicious to make for suhr during Ramadan!! Enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the chick peas overnight. Drain.
- 2Combine beans, onions, garlic, parsley, and hot pepper. Grind twice (Suggested is an electric meat grinder). Add salt, pepper, cumin, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- 3When ready to fry the falafel, add baking soda. Shape into patties 1 1/2 inch diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- 4Fry in deep hot oil until light brown and crisp.
- 5Serve hot with tomato slices in arabic bread (or pita bread) in the form of a sandwhich. If desired, you can add to the sandwhich tahnia sauce and slices of onions.
- 6*The falafel batter can be frozen. Thaw and add baking soda just before frying.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Falafel (Middle East, Palestine)
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 20.0 g