Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
As Polly requested, this one is based on the Moosewood cookbook.
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced scallion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons flour or 3 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- 1 dash black pepper
- flour (for coating)
- Mash the chickpeas well (make sure you cook them well enough to be mash able).
- Combine with other ingredients.
- Chill well.
- With floured hands make the batter into one-inch-diameter balls.
- Dust each one lightly with flour.
- Heat a 2-in.
- pool of oil in a heavy skillet to 365°F.
- Deep-fry the falafel until golden, and serve immediately.
again mirjam has come up with a great recipe. these were fabulous. as some of you may know my husband is from isreal and recipes like this remind him of home. another hit at our house! thanks again mirjam!!
This is the recipe I use from the Moosewood Cookbook. It tastes great - I've used it lots of times. I would have posted it if it weren't already here!