Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
this is a wonderful recipe,very flavorful and pretty easy to make. charishma asked for his recipe because it doesn't have eggs.
- soak chickpeas in water-cover with water two inches above the beans.
- cover and let stand for 8 hours.
- combine chickpeas,cilantro and next 8 ingredients in a food processor, process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- divide chickpea mixture into 16 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- heat two tablespoons oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- add 5 patties cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- repeat process twice with remaining oil and patties.
- serve with tahini sauce.
First of all, a big THANK U to you for helping me out in time of real need. This is a very nice recipe for falafels and eggless too, which is another plus point of this recipe(vegetarians also get to enjoy it). I would suggest 3 things: 1.to replace the cilantro with parsley, 2. To add more salt depending on your taste(as 1/4 tsp. was too little) and 3. to grind the chickpeas first and then the other ingredients.
Excellent recipe!! They tasted really good, but I felt the texture was too soft .. I made a sandwich with naan, tahini, tomatoes and lettuce .. My husband loved them! Thanks!!
I am not giving this stars, but this did not hold together for me at all. The flavor was excellent, however. Maybe I didn't grind it enough but it really seemed like it was at the texture as described in the instructions. After all the falafels broke apart in the pan, I decided to make falafel pie- put the rest of the mixture in and popped it in the oven.