Recipe by polly salama
this is a wonderful recipe,very flavorful and pretty easy to make. charishma asked for his recipe because it doesn't have eggs.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
First of all, a big THANK U to you for helping me out in time of real need. This is a very nice recipe for falafels and eggless too, which is another plus point of this recipe(vegetarians also get to enjoy it). I would suggest 3 things: 1.to replace the cilantro with parsley, 2. To add more salt depending on your taste(as 1/4 tsp. was too little) and 3. to grind the chickpeas first and then the other ingredients.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried chickpeas (can use canned to save time)
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 leek, trimmed and cut into three pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- soak chickpeas in water-cover with water two inches above the beans.
- cover and let stand for 8 hours.
- combine chickpeas,cilantro and next 8 ingredients in a food processor, process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- divide chickpea mixture into 16 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
- heat two tablespoons oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- add 5 patties cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- repeat process twice with remaining oil and patties.
- serve with tahini sauce.