2 hrs 25 mins
Mine and my girlfriend's favorite falafel. I own the food processor and she owns the frying wok, so we can only make this when we're together. This recipe was adapted from several other recipes and modified. It's still a work in progress- sometimes it seems too salty, sometimes not salty enough- so I will update and modify as needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup of reserved bean liquid or 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4 scallions or 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo flour (chick pea)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 11. Combine first 5 ingredients in food processor and process until just slightly chunky.
- 22. Scrape into a medium sized bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 33. Let sit at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- 44. Form dough into 2 inch round balls and deep fry in 3 - 4 batches in peanut oil at 350 degrees F for 5 - 7 minutes, or until dark brown.
- 55. Drain on paper towels and serve. I like mine in a Napa Cabbage leaf.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Falafel Ensemble
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1326.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: