- 1 lb canned chick-peas, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chickpeas, garlic, coriander, cumin, chives, and salt and pepper to taste in a blender or food processor, process until well blended, adding a little water if necessary.
- Divide and roll the chick pea mixture into small balls (croquettes). Fry the croquettes in hot oil, in batches, for about 2 to 3 minutes each, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot.