Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I love falafel and it's so easy to make. We used to have a falafel hut in our town but it went to be replaced with all you can eat curry! Since then, I have been trying to recreate many of their imaginative falafel dishes. These are quick and easy to make you can count this as one of your five a day and they can be frozen as well.
Top Review by Marina K
We enjoyed the lemony tang to these burgers, but we found the texture to be too uniform. They were difficult to cook as they did not want to stick together, so next time we might add an egg to help the batter stick together.
- 2 (400 g) canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- put the first 6 items in a food processor and whiz to a chunky paste. Tip onto a floured surface and mould into 4 burgers (or 6 for children). Depeninding on the ingredients you use/omit you may need to add flour to bind them better.
- Burgers can be frozen at this stage.
- dust with flour and either fry in the olive oil for 2 mins each side or brush with oil and grill for 8 - 10 mins each side
- serve as desired. Goes well in a burger bun with sour cream and salad.